Saturday, February 04, 2006

met some Americans!

Finally, with the help of my friend Andrew back in Baltimore, I met an American here (Andrew knew him from home) who introduced me to a bunch of other expats. Every one of them (and supposedly most of the Americans who are living in Prague) is involved in the TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) program. They live in Prague and make decent enough money teaching only 20 hours/week -- not bad. :-) Most of them are here for a year, though some are considering extending in another year. A few of them are writers hoping to get writing time while here, others just wanted a new experience, and I get the feeling a few others just weren't sure what else they wanted to do after college was over. One girl was pretty funny -- I keep wondering if her English class is walking away with Valley Girl accents too! ;-)

It was nice to have a social night on the town though. :-)

No comments: