Saturday, February 11, 2006

and pictures from a... unique Czech event

As a former marching band participant (I refuse to say nerd, thank you), I went to my fair share of marching competitions. Nothing ever beat the crazy "high stepping marching band" competition I went to with Carrie O'Brien (wow could those kids boogey with their sousaphones! (i.e. marching tubas) You'd have to see it to understand). But still this event came close.

As I walked with a friend across town on my way home, we saw that there was some type of Czech marching band competition going on, despite the drizzle. I'd love to know what exactly it was, but it was just the weirdest thing. The music was pretty normal (and non-fabulous), but the costumes were really wild! It wasn't students either; there were definitely many marchers approaching middle age.

You've never seen anything like it... I have photos posted here along with a quick video for your viewing pleasure.

Enjoy! :-)

No comments: