Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Go Steelers!!

Better late than never, eh? :-) But anyway, I'm proud of my hometown team, the 2005 Superbowl Champs!

I actually did watch the first half of the game from an (overpriced touristy) sports bar I found in Prague. Sadly, while most of the commercials did seem to be American-made, none were the exciting and creative ones you folks in the states got to watch. :-( (we had the likes of Yoplait Yogart's "itsy bitsy teeny weeny, eat our yogart and you can wear a bathing suit in public" commercial instead). We did get the Rolling Stones halftime show though (my friend in France told me that she didn't), so I got to see a too-old-for-this Mick Jaggar swinging his hips around like everyone else. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

The first half of the game seemed a bit messy actually, though Pittsburgh did end up ahead. Glad the second half apparently worked out better for them. At 6 hours ahead of EST, that part was way past my bedtime. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, yeah, u forgot to discount the ref's contribution ;-) about the half-time show: the other day i overheard a conversation between a man and his teenage daughter -- she was basically complaining how old un"cool" rolling stones were and how they were actually a punishment meted out to the american youth for the janet jackson incident!!! interesting perspective, eh? btw, the superbowl commercials are on google video, if you are that desperate...