Monday, March 20, 2006

A fantastic journey westward

I just returned to Prague after five days in Saarbrucken (Germany), and another two in Paris.

Saarbrucken was a productive work visit... made a lot of interesting contacts, gave a well-received talk, and though the linguistics (specifically deep semantics) overload made my head hurt a bit, there's a chance some of it could actually end up helping my research -- something professionally useful from this Europe trip!

Paris was just a fantastic trip overall, thanks to the organized guiding of my French pals Ben and Daphnee, who not only led me through almost every Paris monument and famous sight known to tourists, not only found me a great and reasonably-priced hotel, but took me to some fantastic restaurants for food that blew even me away, and I rarely care much about food one way or the other. I took way too many pictures to post or to entertain anyone but the most bored and work-avoiding of my "readership", but once I upload everything I'll find a few interesting ones to post here and will put others on my separate CLSP picture site.

I love Prague and was happy to return... still, great to have a little adventure and take advantage of my time in Europe!

No comments: