Friday, April 14, 2006

Boo for being sick

As it turns out, I've spent today being sick - obviously no fun. Thankfully a teleconference planned for this afternoon with others from my grant in Prague, Saarbrucken Germany, Baltimore, and Providence has been postponed to next week (and thankfully again not til Tues rather than Monday, when I'll still be out of town for Easter Monday, hopefully without anyone swinging a pomlazka at me!)

So I'm pretty much useless today. (But yes, I can still blog :-) Not much brain power required here...) The timing is no good...
  • For work: I'm already going to be missing Monday for Easter traveling, and London next Friday, and have to give an hour long talk to the Czechs here the following Monday, so getting work done today would have been best.

  • Personally: yesterday out of nowhere while walking home from work, I ran into an old friend from CMU! I hadn't seen Andy Lee (or Andrew, as he's reverted to) since, well, I'm sure I was in Pittsburgh at the time. Nice to see him though -- he and some friends just ran the Paris marathon, which must have been awesome, and have been traveling through Europe since. Anyway, hoped to meet up tonight, but as I'm half dead and continue to sporadically cough out my lungs, don't think it will happen. Would have been fun, but so it goes.

    (read Andrew's blog)

    Plus, when is getting sick ever good?

  • Travel-wise: Going to visit Eliska and her family in Liberec tomorrow; hope I feel better then!

  • Because, if it happened just one month later, I could have my mom making soup for me!
Okay, enough whining from me! Hope you have a good day, and a great Easter!

Veselé Velikonoce!

No comments: