Friday, July 30, 2010

A busy but great first day: Ancient Rome

Okay. Redo.

I have made the executive decision to pretend that all of yesterdays travel mishaps did not count toward the trip day count. (I have also made the executive decision to try to avoid contractions because I cannot figure out how to use an apostrophe on this frickin Italian keyboard!) So, though we still have no luggage (we were told it is officially in Rome, but no idea when it will arrive -- hopefully soon since we already leave for Florence tomorrow morning!), we have had a day of thorough tourism.

Hmmm, my parenthetics run a little long.

Anyway, today we got up early, with our first official stop being the ancient city -- the Colosseum, the forum, and Palentine hill. I am currently exhausted but will post a few pictures. Backstories to come.
This photo (with S for scale) shows the enormity of the ancient temple which once lay where these ruins are today.

Us in the Roman Colesseum.

No comments: